Ray Guy Kids: His Tragic Death Leaves Behind His Ex-wife & Kids

Ray Guy kids were searched on the internet after his tragic death. Ray Guy, who is widely considered to be the best punter in NFL history, passed away at age 72. 

Not much is publicly known about his wife and children, but he did have two kids with his wife, Beverly. He attributed a lot of his success to her. 

In 2014, he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and got emotional talking about his parents. However, in 2011 he had to declare Bankruptcy and ended up auctioning off his Super Bowl rings.

Let’s get to know about Ray Guy’s kids and who he was.

Who Was Ray Guy?

Ray Guy was the star of the University of Southern Mississippi, where he played for the Oakland Railers.

While playing football, he became the first punter to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. 

Unfortunately, he died on November 3, 2022, but his death cause was not released.

However, it was reported that he was dealing with a lengthy illness when he was receiving care from a Hattiesburg-area hospice.

In 1973, he was drafted 23rd overall by the Raiders, and later, he took retirement from the team in 1987 with his career streak of 619 punts. 

It took him three decades to be selected for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and become the first-ever player to be inducted for his punting. 

Seven times, he was the finalist for induction beginning in 1992. At the start, he didn’t receive many votes or make his way to other occasions. 

Before being inducted in 2014, Ray said, these were the kinds that bothered him the most. People used to tell him that’s not a position and athletes don’t usually get that, “it’s not important.”

He added, “That’s what really got under my skin. It wasn’t so much whether I did or didn’t. I wish somebody had. It was just knowing that they didn’t care.”

He concluded, “That’s what kind of frosted me a little bit.”

He was a member of the National High School Sports Hall Of Fame and College Football Hall Of Fame.

In 2011, Ray suffered from a shock when he and his wife, Beverly, filed for Bankruptcy. In order to pay his debts, Ray had to sell his Super Bowl rings. 

Later, his marriage also ended when the two were divorced. The couple shared two children, which means that Ray Guy had two kids, which he left behind after his death.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunC%2BwLJkoK2pYriqsNJo