BTS's V Takes on New Mission To Joins 'Special Duty Team' for Ultimate Challenge

Less than a week before his scheduled mandatory military enlistment, Kim Taehyung, better known as V of BTS, went live on Weverse to connect with fans on December 5. Members RM, Jimin, and Jungkook were there as well; Jungkook will enlist next week as well. In a move that gave him a younger appearance, Taehyung debuted his shortest haircut to date. He clarified that he hadn’t gone to the extent of shaving it all off since he still had a few engagements to attend.

Taehyung spoke about his recent enlistment in the Capitol Defense Command’s Special Duty Team (SDT), a specialized unit. Much attention has been drawn to his decision to apply to this challenging unit.

Given the SDT’s expertise in counterterrorism and urban warfare, fans have expressed worries about his safety. Rappelling, explosives handling, combat techniques, anti-terrorism tactics, and sniper training are all part of the extensive training that members receive. Fans can rest easy knowing that Taehyung is self-sufficient and has his own motivations for joining. Additionally, he is ready to overcome his fear of heights and take part in rappelling.

[UCC] “He’s a real man,” #BTS‘s #V (Kim Taehyung) joins the elite counter-terrorism unit “Special Task Force of the Capital Defense Command” for his military enlistment https://t.co/OiviQ1M3Q2

— allkpop (@allkpop) November 30, 2023

🐯🐻The article about where I’m going was released. ARMY worried a lot. Honestly, I’m going because I want to try it and I have a goal. So I hope you don’t worry too much. I do worry too, but I know how to take care of myself when I have to! +pic.twitter.com/zJY9OfaN7I

— VStreamTeam 🎶 (@VTeamBase) December 5, 2023

Taehyung was equally enthusiastic about joining the military. In 2025, when BTS returns as a group, they will embark on a highly anticipated concert tour. He plans to get in shape by gaining weight, reaching 85 kg, and improving his stamina.

🐻 I’m currently 61kg, but I’ll do my best to grow it to 85kg pic.twitter.com/foZ8VMLTOA

— LAYO(ꪜ )ER (@mybwits) December 5, 2023

Upon their return from their enlistment, he challenged the other members to a “best body” competition. He thanked the audience for their support and the wonderful memories made during the September release of his debut EP, “Layover,” and ended the live session with a sincere thank-you message.

🐻: ARMY! Thank you for all the gifts! I made a lot of memories with Layover, so thank you and please look forward to everything we have prepared!

🫂🫂🫂 pic.twitter.com/fASA01vUd5

— thv updates (@DailylofV) December 5, 2023

Taehyung launched a solo livestream the second after the group live ended. His hairstylist called it a “Pixie cut with asymmetric bangs,” and he showed it off while playing music and chatting with fans.

Taehyung’s hairstylist Instagram story

“Pixie cut with asymmetric bangs” pic.twitter.com/dkRs7AsgBl

— Thv Clout (@thvclout) December 5, 2023

You can join us on our Twitter account to know more details relating to K-pop updates.

ncG1vNJzZmiokZeusLqNnKamZ5KpwLR51WahqKGeqHq0vMScoJqkXZnCtcWMrZyapV8%3D