Austin Forkner Injury Update: Is He Recovering Now?

Austin Forkner is from Richards, Missouri. He became well-known very quickly in the world for bike racing. But he suffered an injury while he was playing professionally. This post will tell you everything you need to know about what happened to him.

How Did Austin Forkner Get Injured?

Austin Forkner suffered an injury in a crash at Angel Stadium in the first round of the 2023 SuperMotocross World Championship. As soon as the starting gate lowered for the race, Forkner became involved in the crash.

As the racers crowded together to make the first turn, he crashed into two other riders. Injuries to Forkner’s right knee included a full-thickness ACL tear, lateral meniscus tear and fractures to the top of his tibia and fibula, among other knee-related injuries.

Forkner was hurled from his bike and fell hard. During the collision, Forkner also fractured a bone in his hand. He shared the news of his accident in a video which is provided below:

If you want to know which other stars’ get injured during the competition then you can check out our below posts

Austin Forkner Injury Update: Is He Fine Now?

After the injury, Forkner was featured as the 250 rider with the best chance of moving on from the Last Chance Qualifiers after each of the three rounds early in September. Despite having a poor gate pick, he actually won the LCQ at zMax Dragway and placed sixth in the first feature.

But there is a fear among his team that the injury to his knee will worsen from the ongoing stress of SuperMotocross Championship round 2.

So Austin Forkner missed Round 2 of the SuperMotocross Championship at Chicagoland Speedway in an effort to recover from a tweaked knee injury he got during the ProMotocross season as announced in the post provided below.

Forkner took to his All Fun vlog to announce the situation of his injury and to miss the championship. He said in a video on YouTube:

“I tweaked my knee a few weeks ago – the one that I tore earlier in the year – I think it was at Ironman and it’s been not great. It would swell up again and then I would have to get it drained and it would swell up again. It’s just doing stuff like that, so my team and I came to the decision that we should sit out these last couple of rounds and let my knee rest.”

He continued:

“It’s a bummer, I really wanted to finish up these final two races, but the constant pounding and pounding on it while it’s trying to heal from that tweak, it’s not really liking it. The team just wanted me to chill a little bit so I can be ready for supercross pre season testing.”

“It’s a bummer, because I worked so hard to come back for these races, but the knee is irritated and it’s not really working. The team said take a few weekends off, get it better, and be ready when we go testing for supercross.”

We hope that he will get well soon and you can also share your good wishes towards him in the comments section below.

If you want to get the latest updates related to other stars’ health, illness and more you can follow us on Twitter.

ncG1vNJzZmiulaPBtr7Eo6alrF6YvK57kWlpbGdhZXxyf46arKysmaN6p7vRpKWeql2eu6vB0bJkrqiUlsGmew%3D%3D