Why Cancel Christmas is trending on X (Twitter)?

The #CancelChristmas hashtag has sparked a wave of confusion on X (formerly Twitter), where it’s currently trending. Contrary to what some may believe, the tag does not signify an actual campaign against the festive holiday. Instead, it refers to a rap battle event organized by Chrome 23 and hosted by Remy Ma.

This event is set to feature a lineup of battles including Jaz The Rapper vs Bigg K, C3 vs Charlie Clips, E Hart vs QB Black Diamond, and Shiest Raw vs Taz.

The event is a Pay-Per-View (PPV), which viewers can purchase to watch live. After the live stream, the battles will also be available as Video-On-Demand (VOD) for those who missed the live event or want to re-watch the performances.

This mix-up has stirred a considerable reaction, with some defending Christmas traditions and others poking fun at the misunderstanding. The misinformation seemed to stem from a narrative pushed by certain groups, leading to a mix of humor and outrage across the platform.

The confusion on Twitter seems to stem from the event’s name, leading some to think there’s a campaign to cancel the Christmas holiday. However, the event is purely entertainment in the form of a rap battle competition and has no connection to any movement against Christmas.

For more details about the event, including how to purchase and watch thttps://x.com/SchoolPsychGuy/status/1733338631891526023?s=20he PPV, you can visit the Rap Grid website.

Here are some of the reactions of the people on X (Twitter) on the CancelChristmas hashtag:

I never had a problem saying "merry Christmas" until right wing religious bigots tried to shove the phrase down everyone's throats. Now I prefer "happy holidays" just so I don't sound like an asshole. #CancelChristmas

— Stop The Hate (@SchoolPsychGuy) December 9, 2023

ncG1vNJzZmilqam1qMXAmqVnm5%2BifLi02GaamqaTmrmktNGiqq2lkah6qr%2BMrameppSeu6h5zqdksWWkrLa1wMSrZg%3D%3D